Following a recent employee message regarding face mask requirement and return testing this week, please be aware that the testing cadence for main campus employees is moving to weekly testing, effective immediately.
- NEW REQUIREMENT: Employees on main campus are required to test weekly.
The status of testing and COVID is being monitored daily. Both the new face mask and testing cadence protocols will be reviewed after the third week of classes and updates will be shared in line with conditions at the time. Testing cadences/methods for non-main campus locations remain the same as fall semester.
Students are returning to classes in person. The weekly testing cadence on main campus for employees and students alike helps to offer a better picture of the levels of peaks and abatement of COVID-19 and isolation/quarantine status.
A reminder that supervisors and employees experiencing COVID-19 themselves or in their families on isolation/quarantine, and/or facing challenges brought on by the pandemic or apart from it can access a helpful list of available resources on the COVID-19 Resources for Faculty and Staff page. These resources include leave information, the Employee Assistance Program available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, wellness initiatives, and much more to support our employees.
Supervisors should be flexible with working with the employees they supervise.
Other items previously communicated:
- Face masks are now REQUIRED inside all University buildings state-wide for all persons until further notice, except when alone in spaces such as private workspace, classrooms, or housing rooms or when eating or drinking. Mask must be placed back on when no longer actively eating or drinking.
- The university highly recommends obtaining vaccination and booster shots. Appointments can be made here. Results can be uploaded here.
- The CDC has updated isolation and quarantine recommendations on their page here.
- Please check email regularly and consult the COVID-19 information updates page for the latest guidance and information.
- To schedule a COVID-19 test, click here.
As discussed, protocols will be reviewed after the third week of classes in early February and updated based upon conditions at the time.
Thank you to employees who work hard to support our ongoing educational mission and the health and wellbeing of all.