We look forward to welcoming you back for the spring semester! We hope that you had a relaxing holiday season. As you are likely aware, our region, and the nation as a whole, is experiencing a resurgence of COVID-19, notably the omicron variant (see symptoms here). To help keep our university community as healthy as possible, please read through the following updated requirements and guidance carefully:
- Classes WILL remain IN PERSON.
- The university will work to support individuals in isolation or quarantine.
- When possible, students are encouraged to complete isolation and quarantine in off-campus housing or permanent residence.
- Clemson follows CDC Isolation and Quarantine protocols which were recently updated.
- Face masks are now REQUIRED inside all University buildings statewide for all persons until further notice.
- Exceptions are when alone in spaces such as private workspace, classrooms, or housing rooms, or when eating or drinking. Mask must be placed back on when no longer actively eating or drinking.
- The detailed face mask directive is here.
- Testing cadence for students for Spring 2022:
- Pre-arrival testing protocols announced in December remain in place. Please consult your local city, county, and state health departments in addition to pharmacies for locating testing in your area.
- Please test as soon as you arrive to campus before classes begin.
- Weekly testing for students remains in place. For non-main campus students, continue cadence/methods from the fall semester.
- Students who are symptomatic should test sooner than the next scheduled weekly testing date.
- Anyone who would like to test more often may do so.
While not required, vaccinations and booster shots are highly recommended. To make an appointment to be vaccinated or to receive a booster, please visit here. While also not mandatory, we encourage uploading vaccine and booster records here.
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 daily. These protocols will be reviewed three weeks after classes begin, with any updates provided soon thereafter based on the status of COVID-19 at that time. As always, should any significant developments occur in the meantime, the university will also issue guidance.
We ask that you share this information among fellow students. As always, our COVID-19 page will be updated with the latest information.
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org