The University encourages departments to be creative in developing work-from-home assignments and to consider activities outside staff members’ normal day-to-day job functions. The Office of Human Resources (OHR) provided the following suggested, acceptable duties:
- Performing administrative tasks using personal computing equipment which does not require access to confidential information.
- Enrolling and participating in low or no-cost eLearning and virtual training opportunities that support the mission of the department.
- Researching publicly available information, including research related to other land-grant, state higher education institutions’ approach to telecommuting duties. Adopting best practices.
- Producing and editing user manuals.
- Processing documentation, including creation of standard operating procedures, flowcharts, checklists, etc.
- Reviewing current business processes to identify opportunities for increased effectiveness, efficiency and reduced costs.
- Review your services and sites within Clemson’s website(s) and provide suggestions for edits, additions and improvements.
- Review shared document files held by your department.
- Write standard operating procedures (SOPs) for tasks in work area. If written SOPs already exist, draft visual workflows to go with the written SOPs or review them for necessary updates.
- Draft an onboarding manual for new employees in your department or area.
As an added resource, OHR created a list of approved online development opportunities offered through Tiger Training, Percipio (free books and audio and video courses) and its Supervisor Training Series.
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at email@example.com