NEWBERRY — Registration is open for a Clemson Cooperative Extension forestry program aimed at providing education for both landowners and professional foresters.
On Saturday, March 9, the Newberry County Forestry Association will host its 17th biennial Forestry Focus program from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Piedmont Technical College’s Newberry County Campus, 1922 Wilson Road, Newberry.
Space is limited, so those interested should preregister by March 1 to secure a spot. Thanks to the event sponsors, the registration fee is only $10, with lunch included in the registration fee.
The program, presented by the Newberry County Forestry Association and Clemson Extension, offers 4.5 hours of Category 1 Continuing Forestry Education credits.
“The program offers a variety of topics that will appeal to various audiences,” said Jeff Fellers, Area Extension agent. “Forestry Focus is a great opportunity for landowners and professionals to socialize and become more familiar with the forest industry and the forest landowner.”
Topics covered include quail habitat management, current and upcoming forest health issues, the logging industry in South Carolina, timber taxes and succession planning.
For registration details, contact Fellers at 864-427-6259, ext. 115, email@example.com or click here for the pre-registration form or to see the program agenda.
Event sponsors include:
- Bedenbaugh Logging of Prosperity Inc.;
- Charles K. Doolittle Inc.;
- Enoree Chapter, Society of American Foresters;
- Major & Company;
- Oswald Wholesale Lumber Inc.;
- Potts Forestry & Real Estate;
- Remion Consulting Forestry Firm;
- Stokes Trainor Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac;
- Wilson Tractor;
- Henderson & Associates Inc.;
- John R. Frazier Inc.;
- Prosperity Drug Co.;
- Foothills Forest Products Inc.;
- Wilson Forestry & Appraisal;
- Glenn Associates Surveying Inc.;
- Keim’s Forestry Services;
- Cedarleaf Farms;
- AgSouth Farm Credit, ACA;
- Kiser Consulting;
- Abraham Land Surveying;
- Forestry Association of South Carolina; and
- SC Tree Farm.
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org