Research Computing and Data Virtual Town Hall
Tuesday, June 20, 2023 from 2-3 p.m.
Register for the Town Hall
To continue sharing information and offering updates, CCIT’s Research Computing and Data (RCD) will host an interactive Town Hall on June 20. During this meeting, members of the RCD team will present the following updates and topics for discussion:
- The Palmetto condominium model
- New services since the previous Town Hall (Dec. 2022)
- Palmetto maintenance on July 10-14, 2023
- Transitions from PBS to SLURM scheduler post-July maintenance in Palmetto
- Organization of the new faculty advisory body called the “Research and Data Computational Advisory Team” (REDCAT)
- Deployment of the Indigo highspeed storage data lake
- Retirement of ZFS storage
- Slower Help Desk ticket responses during July 24-28, 2023
- Open Discussion and Q&A
Attendance of this virtual town hall is encouraged for members of the campus community who may work directly with these topics or are curious to learn more about updates in CCIT’s RCD group. Please register in advance for this virtual meeting.