One of Clemson University’s compliance responsibilities under the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) includes the requirement to disclose the possible price of course materials to students no later than the time of registration. As an institution, Clemson has contracted with Barnes & Noble as a partner in providing this information to students during the registration timeframe, while maintaining records on behalf of the University. This information is offered to students in Banner as they register for each course.
- Discover affordable alternatives to traditional course materials like Open Educational Resources (OER); and
- Learn about student savings and accessibility initiatives such as the bookstore’s Price Match Guarantee.
- Save time by reviewing their curated, personalized course list with no searching for or adding their own courses;
- Adopt course materials used in a previous term in one click;
- Review estimated student pricing and available formats.
To log on to AIP with your Clemson credentials, please use this URL: https://sso.bncollege.com/bes-sp/bessso/saml/clemsonedu/aip/logon
Faculty, instructors and staff may begin ordering books for the Summer and Fall semesters now.
Help provided by course instructors to meet this obligation is appreciated. It is important all required and or suggested materials are submitted through this process. Students are not required to purchase materials from the bookstore, however we must use the bookstore database to maintain our records to comply with the HEOA federal requirement. Clemson aims to collect 100 percent of needed data to comply with the HEOA requirement of ensuring students know the possible cost of materials when they complete their registration.
Watch this video for additional information about using the new Adoption & Insights Portal.
Contact the B&N Bookstore at Douthit Hills with questions. https://clemson.bncollege.com/shop/clemson