On July 7, faculty and staff were notified of a general base increase and bonus as part of this year’s compensation. Visit the July 7 Special OUR Clemson.
This year’s state proviso provided institutions of higher education the flexibility to implement their bonus programs without uniformity. With a combination of state and university funding, Clemson University made the decision to support a bonus program for those earning up to $100,000 in an effort to assist those faculty and staff disproportionately affected by the current economic trends.
An update to the bonus portion of the compensation is provided below. Bonus-eligible employees will be paid their bonuses on October 31.
To be eligible, the Clemson University employee must:
- be a classified or unclassified staff or faculty member in one of the following types of positions:
– Full-time Equivalent (FTE)
– Time-Limited Positions (TLP), contract permitting
– Grant Positions (TGP), grant permitting
- work 30 hours or more weekly,
- have a Clemson University hire date of January 1, 2022, or before, and
- still work for the University.
The bonus will be implemented as shown in the table below and is based on the employee’s base salary on January 1, 2022.