University Facilities and the City of Clemson are reporting current and upcoming road closures. To avoid the most disruption, faculty and staff are advised of the following road closures:
- Through June 6 – The right westbound lane and sidewalk of Perimeter Road, between Cherry Road and Kappa Street (including the Brooks Center Drive parking lot), will be closed to install new storm drainage. The Brooks Center parking lot will still be accessible via Jersey Lane.
- June 7 – College Avenue downtown will be closed from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. for On the Ave outdoor dining, live music and family fun.
- Throughout Summer – Lambda Street near Lee III and the C-5 parking lot will be closed this summer to relocate the underground duct bank in preparation for the Williamson Road realignment.
- June 21 – College Avenue downtown will be closed from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. for On the Ave outdoor dining, live music and family fun.
- Starting May 30 – Old Stadium Road will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians from Perimeter Road to Epsilon Street for approximately one week. Epsilon, Gamma Street and Grounds Service Drive will all remain accessible from Cherry Road. The closure is required to begin installation of a new bike and walking path and lighting along Old Stadium Road.
- Starting June 6 – Kappa Lambda Street will be closed to all traffic between Theta Kappa Street and Commons Court. The southbound lane will remain closed for two weeks. Full traffic will be allowed to Lightsey Bridge I while only inbound traffic will be allowed for Lightsey Bridge II. Outbound Lightsey Bridge II traffic will exit using Commons Court to Newman Road.
- June 20 through July 1 – Parking spaces in the area of Olin and Hardin Halls will be closed for work on the curb, gutter and sidewalk.
- Beginning end of June – Kappa Street will be closed for several weeks to replace underground stormwater pipes and repave the street and traffic circle. Employees who need to access the Strom Thurmond Institute building should find alternate parking and access the building from the north side and enter using the stairs or elevator.
Stay abreast of road closings and campus construction with Facilities’ online construction map.