[vid origin=”youtube” vid_id=”1DMG0OuEocs” size=”medium” align=”right”]
Danielle Arrington’s Clemson story began in high school when she and her mom took a tour of the main campus.
“From the time I stepped foot here, I realized this place was different, she explained. “The people were different. This place was special.”
Arrington immediately knew that she wanted to be a Tiger. She graduated in 2013 with a bachelor’s in communication studies.
Years later, when an opportunity arose to work at the place she loved, Arrington pounced (no pun intended) and secured a job at Clemson. Today, she works with the University’s employee recruiting team, attracting professionals to become part of the Clemson family and build their Clemson story.
Arrington says that faculty and staff come to Clemson for different reasons, but they stay because of the people, the benefits, the opportunities, and so much more.
“Clemson works for them,” she said.
Clemson is giving its workforce a chance to share their Clemson story with the world from their perspective—and become eligible to win one of four $500 prizes
On May 31, faculty and staff are encouraged to share their Clemson story on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram. Organizers seek to “paint social media orange” with videos and pictures of faculty and staff sharing their Clemson story and telling the world why Clemson works for them.
Here’s what to do
Faculty and staff can tell their Clemson story in one or both of the following ways:
- On May 31, post a short video (anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute in length) to their social media accounts using the #ClemsonWorks hashtag.
- Post a picture, on May 31, with a caption (no more than 200 words) to their social media accounts, using the #ClemsonWorks hashtag.
Whether it’s a video or picture, stories posted by faculty and staff should focus specifically on their employment with Clemson. Participants whose accounts are set to “private” should switch to “public,” so that organizers can see their posts.
No social media account? No problem! Faculty and staff without social media accounts can visit a special booth, which will be set up at the May 31 Employee Resource Fair. Members of Clemson’s Talent Acquisition Team will be on site to help faculty and staff to record their videos and/or take pictures. Faculty and staff without social media accounts can also participate by emailing videos/pictures directly to DCLeste@clemson.edu.
Here’s what to know
- Four winners will be selected at random, two from each category (photo and video), and will receive a prize of $500 each.
- Remember, participants must temporarily set their social media accounts to “public” so that organizers can see #ClemsonWorks social media posts.
- This should be a no-brainer: Videos and photos must not include vulgarity or obscene language.
- Participants should post on May 31 and must use the #ClemsonWorks hashtag in the caption of the post(s).
- Participants may have up to two entries, one for each category (photo and video)
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at email@example.com