As Thanksgiving and winter breaks approach, Clemson University reminds employees that traditional annual faculty and staff gatherings are not recommended this year. Any gatherings or meetings which must proceed are required to follow the established policies regarding events and gatherings.
For faculty, staff and student safety and to facilitate a safe and healthy return for the Spring semester, it is important to adhere to the recommended guidelines outlined by the University, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other professional health organizations.
Suggested Alternatives for Holiday Celebrations
There are many alternatives to traditional gatherings, and DHEC has provided a list of considerations on their website regarding holiday celebrations.
Small-Group Safety Reminders
In the instance when small group activities occur, continue adhering to the following guidelines:
- Physical Distancing. Best practices are available on the Clemson COVID-19 website.
- Wearing Masks. Masks must cover the mouth and nose to be effective.
- Frequently washing hands with warm water and soap.
The holiday away from campus is also an opportunity to effectively manage stress, well-being and mental health. Stress coping and managing anxiety resources are also available via the Clemson COVID-19 website.
- Clemson’s Employee Assistance Program site.
- Multiple services for emotional wellness, psychological immunity and resilience.
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at email@example.com