Anmed Health’s Mobile Mammography Bus will be parked on Calhoun Drive Wednesday, Feb. 9, from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The bus offers digital mammography screenings to women 40 or older who are self-referred or have an order from their physician. Women are encouraged to make appointments at 864-512-2255, but walk-ins are also welcome.
Most insurance providers cover mammography; however, Anmed offers a 50 percent discount for those paying out of pocket. Grant funding is also available for patients with no insurance coverage.
Women wishing to use the service should follow these guidelines:
- The mobile bus appointments are only suitable for women with no breast symptoms and those who are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Patients must be physically able to walk up and down 3-4 mobile steps.
- One year and one day must have elapsed since a previous mammogram.
- It is preferred you be a current patient of a physician and able to provide a complete office address and phone number to receive results.
- The patient must provide the location of services for comparison if previous mammogram images are available.
- Please do not wear any deodorant, powder, perfume or lotion on the appointment day.
- A two-piece outfit is suggested for the appointment.
Your physician can expect results within 3-5 days and a result letter to the patient by mail in 7-10 days. Patients may also view results on their AnMed Health MyChart account. AnMed Health will send instructions to each patient with the result letter. Any follow-up appointments or additional views will be made at the AnMed Health Women’s Diagnostic Breast Imaging Center located at 2000 East Greenville St. Anderson S.C.
Patients can view event details at this link.
Note: Any patient that has received a COVID vaccine will need to wait one month before having their screening mammogram done due to possible lymph node swelling.