Following Monday’s terrible storms, which caused a swath of damage to the Upstate community, University leadership has been conducting assessments to determine the full impact on faculty and staff.
Some employees’ homes sustained damage, and others lost everything. Additionally, some faculty and staff continue to be without power and cannot perform their job duties from home. Supervisors have been urged to exercise flexibility with both those who have been directly impacted and those who wish to volunteer in their communities. Throughout the University community, there are examples of the work of volunteers and responders.
Below is a list of resources available to both those affected and those who are looking for ways to assist.
The following resources are available for affected faculty and staff:
- Emergency Resources for Faculty, Staff and Students
- Employees needing to gain access to their workspace:
- Faculty follow the extenuating circumstances process through CCIT’s Online Service Desk.
- Staff send request to your AVP or VPR, and send approved requests to Jami Brothers email@example.com.
How to Help
- CU Safety – Ways to Help
- Volunteer for local neighborhood clean-up.
- Visit South Carolina Emergency Management Division’s guide on What You Can Do To Help Your Community for a complete list of support initiatives.
- Give to Tigers Helping Tigers
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org