CLEMSON – The Clemson Alumni Association will honor the recipients of the 2019 Clemson Alumni Distinguished Service Award, the highest honor that the association bestows on former Clemson Tigers, at a reception this month.
The 2019 Clemson Alumni Distinguished Service Award winners are:
- Lori Anne Carr ’90, M’92 of Ridge Spring, vice president and administrative manager of Titan Farms and the owner and president of Palmetto Processing Solutions;
- Titus Duren ‘71 of Eastover, a retired long-time educator;
- James T. McCabe, a retiree from Clemson who left school to fight in World War II and went on to a successful career;
- John N. “Nicky” McCarter Jr. ‘80 of Columbia, president and CEO of Defender Services Inc. and a Clemson trustee; and
- Gregory C. Smith ‘84 of Alpharetta, Georgia, president of Blue Vista Ventures LLC.
The prestigious Clemson Alumni Distinguished Service Award is based on three main criteria: personal and professional accomplishments; dedication and service to Clemson University; and devotion to community and public service. Members of the Clemson family nominate potential honorees, who are then selected by the Clemson Alumni Association as outstanding alumni, public servants and examples to others.
“The Clemson Family is made up of many remarkable people including leaders, professionals, innovators and dedicated community servants,” said Clemson University President Jim Clements. “Each year we are honored to recognize of few of our incredibly successful alumni who have remained deeply committed to our great university. I am so proud of them, and they are all very deserving of this recognition.”
The Clemson Alumni Association, an open-membership, nonprofit organization since its inception in 1896, connects members of the more than 156,000-strong Clemson Family, inspiring pride, celebrating achievement, providing service and strengthening relationships with Clemson University and with each other.
For more information, visit Clemson.edu/alumni.
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org