Spots are filling quickly for Clemson University’s 2020 Men of Color National Summit, which takes place at the Greenville Convention Center March 3-4. The event, which aims “to close the achievement gap for African-American and Hispanic males, from cradle to career” brings some 2,000 high school and college students together with business professionals, educators, government officials and community leaders from around the country. This is the fourth year of the event, which sold out last year.
This year’s keynote speakers include:
- Alberto Gonzales – The 80th attorney general of the United States, Gonzales was the first and only Hispanic to hold this high-ranking federal position. Prior to that appointment, he was commissioned as White House counsel to President George W. Bush. Gonzales served as White House consultant to President Barack Obama and is now serving as the dean and Doyle Rogers Distinguished Professor of Law at Belmont University College of Law.
- ‘Akbar Gbaja-Biamila – Gbaja-Biamila is the host of NBC’s four-time Emmy-nominated series “American Ninja Warrior,” “American Ninja Warrior Junior” and the NFL Network’s highest-rated show, “NFL Fantasy Live.” He played for five years in the NFL as a linebacker and defensive end with the Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Miami Dolphins before retiring in 2008.
- Jim Murren – Murren is chairman and CEO of global entertainment company MGM Resorts International. Previously, Murren spent a decade on Wall Street as a leading analyst in the hotel and gaming industries. Under Murren’s leadership, MGM has been a leader in corporate diversity efforts and has been recognized as a Top Company for Diversity by DiversityInc for 13 consecutive years.
- Johnathan Holifield – Holifield is executive director of the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Holifield oversees federal efforts to strengthen the capacity and competitiveness of HBCUs.
- Robert Johnson – Johnson is the chancellor of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, a national research university that is part of the five-campus University of Massachusetts system. Johnson’s 30-year leadership career spans nonprofit colleges and universities in the Northeast and Midwest.
- Peter Villegas – Villegas is vice president and head of the Office of Latin Affairs for The Coca-Cola Company, where he serves as a national spokesman for the company. Villegas is also a member of The Coca-Cola North America Executive Leadership Team.
Anyone interested in attending can use this link for more information.
Want to Discuss?
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at email@example.com