The Division of Inclusion and Equity has finalized the University’s spring 2022 session offerings for the Strategic Inclusive Excellence Certificate (SIEC). Faculty, staff and graduate students may attain the certificate to help develop the skills needed for advancing equity, diversity and inclusion at Clemson.
The SIEC program is part of a long-term plan recommended by the history task force and adopted by the Board of Trustees in 2016 to develop a comprehensive set of actionable recommendations for how Clemson can better tell the University’s complete history in a way that is “forthcoming, accurate and beneficial.”
The program supports the ClemsonForward strategic plan and is based on the American Association of Colleges and Universities’ guiding principles for access, student success and high-quality learning.
The workshops give participants the opportunity to:
- Explore their backgrounds, identities and cultures.
- Earn foundational concepts related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Identify equitable practices and policies to promote success for all
students, faculty and staff.
- Build interdisciplinary relationships that will enhance inclusive excellence.
The SIEC is a three-semester experience. The certificate requirements for entering participants are:
- Semester One: 101 Core Workshop and three Elective Workshops
- Semester Two: 201 Core Workshop, two Elective Workshops and
one Elective Experience
- Semester Three: 301 Core Workshop, two Elective Experiences and
Capstone Campus Action Project
Visit Tiger Training to register for any of the following workshops, which represent the spring 2022 schedule:
- Monday, January 24 from 1 – 3 p.m. – LGBTQ Awareness and Empathy – Kim Carter
- Tuesday, February 1 from 9 – 10 a.m. – Hispanic Engagement in Academia – Julio Hernandez
- Wednesday, February 2 from 1 – 2:30 p.m. ClemsonLife: Working with Students with Disabilities – Joe Ryan
- Wednesday, February 16 from 9 – 11:30 a.m. – Inclusive Excellence 201 – Natasha Croom and Rachel Wagner
- Monday, March 7 from 9 – 11:30 a.m. – Inclusive Excellence 201 – Natasha Croom and Rachel Wagner
- Wednesday, March 9 from 1 – 3 p.m. – LGBTQ Action and Advocacy – Kim Carter
- Tuesday, March 22 from 1 – 3 p.m. – International Student Experiences – Lindsey Hill and Jennifer Brondell
- Wednesday, March 30 from 10:30 – 12 p.m. – Veterans Green Zone Training – Peyton Bade and McKenzie McNamara
- Tuesday, April 5 from 1 – 3 p.m. – Implicit Bias – Kendra Stewart-Tillman
- Tuesday, April 12 from 9 – 12 p.m. – Conflict Resolution – Tessa Byer