Procurement and Business Services sends a message of gratitude to the countless faculty and staff who participated in user feedback sessions, pilot groups and superuser trainings in preparation for what is now the newly launched Concur Travel and Expense system.
The system streamlines travel booking, expense reimbursement processes for faculty and staff and expense reports including all P-Card transactions.
- The Air Fare Card takes the burden off users from having to pay out-of-pocket or use another employee’s P-Card. To use this option, choose the Air Fare Card when purchasing airline tickets.
- Liaisons to the P-Card approval process have been added to ensure the correct allocations are chosen and resulting in fewer Peoplesoft errors.
- Specific budget owners for departments were added, and budget owners will be notified of charges before they are approved removing the wait times between iterations of Budget Status Reports.
- The P-Card process, how users can request increases and new cards, was streamlined, resulting in a faster process.
- Travel policies are built into the Concur Travel and Expense system and include clear audit rules that inform travelers of permissible and non-permissible activity.
- Travelers are encouraged to use Concur online (preferred) or call Anthony Travel (no fees incurred) to book both domestic and international travel.
- Your business office or delegated superusers should be your first point of contact for specific business processes in your area, including changes to the P-Card program and travel requirements. Reach out to your business office for specific information about the changes to the P-Card program and travel requirements in your area.
- While the Concur process for approvals is new, it is aimed to simplify the overall business process for expense management, automating and improving processes done manually for years. Using delegates, travelers can have the process look similar to what many require now, but the main process removed unnecessary, non-value-added steps.
- Everything P-Card-related is now handled through Concur – receipts, allocations, changing card limits, requesting new cards, etc.
- The Day 1 in Concur guide is a great place to start.
- The Concur Travel and Expense site: training library, FAQs and procedures
- Concur overview/important TIPS – access this short video.
- Direct questions/feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Future state: Concur Travel and Expense update