Clemson University Emergency Management continues to monitor Hurricane Ian and is participating in daily emergency management calls with state officials. Hurricane Ian has strengthened into a Category 1 hurricane and is forecasted to become a major Hurricane (CAT 3+) Monday night and to continue strengthening over the next couple of days.
South Carolina continues to have the potential for tropical storm force winds (39-73 mph) across the state on Thursday night and has the potential to see impacts such as gusty winds and heavy rainfall through Friday. The severity of the impacts is dependent on the track of the storm.
If affected, students, faculty and staff at locations other than Main campus may expect further communications from their local leadership.
- Campus warning sirens alert you to dangerous weather or lightning.
- CU Safe Alert text messages and Alertus desktop messages.
- Clemson Safety on Twitter and Facebook.
- Special OUR Clemson email and OUR Clemson Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- CU Alerts page.
- Clemson University homepage.
- Call 864-365-0555 for closure updates.
- Local TV and radio station websites.
- Visit the Parking Services Facebook page for updates and check the Clemson Area Transit (CAT) Facebook page for schedule and route information.
- Follow @ClemsonHome and @ClemsonDining on Twitter for updated hours of operation.