The Division of Inclusion and Equity has finalized the University’s Fall 2022 session offerings for the Strategic Inclusive Excellence Certificate (SIEC). Faculty, staff and graduate students may attain the certificate to help develop the skills needed for advancing equity, diversity and inclusion at Clemson.
The SIEC program is part of a long-term plan recommended by the history task force and adopted by the Board of Trustees in 2016 to develop a comprehensive set of actionable recommendations for how Clemson can better tell the University’s complete history in a way that is “forthcoming, accurate and beneficial.”
The program supports the University’s strategic plan and is based on the American Association of Colleges and Universities’ guiding principles for access, student success and high-quality learning.
The workshops give participants the opportunity to:
- Explore their backgrounds, identities and cultures.
- Learn foundational concepts related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Identify equitable practices and policies to promote success for all
students, faculty and staff.
- Build interdisciplinary relationships that will enhance inclusive excellence.
The SIEC is a three-semester experience. The certificate requirements for entering participants are:
- Semester One: 101 Core Workshop and three Elective Workshops
- Semester Two: 201 Core Workshop, two Elective Workshops and
one Elective Experience
- Semester Three: 301 Core Workshop, two Elective Experiences and
Capstone Campus Action Project
Visit Tiger Training to register for any of the following workshops, which represent the fall 2022 schedule:
September 12: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Classism – Rachel Wagner and Sonja Ardoin
October 4: 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Inclusive Excellence 301 – Rachel Wagner
October 12: 12-1:30 p.m. Race and Racism in Higher Education – Natasha Croom
October 26: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Conflict Resolution – Tessa Byer
November 15: 1-2:30 p.m. Sexism in the Workplace – Angie Carter and Cynthia Sims
November 16: 1-2:30 p.m. Understanding the ADA – Priscilla Harrison and Billy Edwards