As Clemson University marks Women’s History Month, the Commission on Women is seeking nominations for its annual Awards of Excellence for the Advancement of Women.
The Commission on Women honors individuals who have made outstanding contributions to improve women’s quality of life and inspire women’s leadership and success at Clemson. The awards recognize individuals affiliated with the University who have made significant contributions to promoting the advancement of women at Clemson University and the community at large. These awards honor individuals whose actions and accomplishments meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a commitment to advance gender equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Engage in work that positively affects women’s lives, especially Clemson University faculty, staff or students.
- Serve as role models or mentors in the lives of Clemson women.
- Serve as role models or mentors in women’s lives in the community.
- Exhibit active involvement in causes or organizations that directly impact women’s status.
There are five award categories, including four for University employees or students: faculty, staff, graduate student and undergraduate student. The fifth category is for a Gender Equity Champion that recognizes an individual who has made significant and positive contributions to the advancement of intersectional gender equity and inclusion in the Clemson University community. Nominees eligible for this award include those in categories 1-4 above and alumni, administrative faculty, donors and others formally affiliated with Clemson University. Anyone in these categories can be nominated (or self-nominated), regardless of gender identity or sex.
The deadline for nominations is 10 p.m. on March 18. The awards ceremony will be on April 8.
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org