Five honorees receive the Alumni Association’s highest award
CLEMSON, South Carolina – At a reception in March, the Clemson Alumni Association will honor the recipients of the 2019 Clemson Alumni Distinguished Service Award, the highest honor that the association bestows on former Clemson Tigers.
The 2019 Clemson Alumni Distinguished Service Award winners are:
- Lori Anne Carr (’90, master’s ’92) of Ridge Spring, vice president and administrative manager of Titan Farms and owner and president of Palmetto Processing Solutions;
- Titus Duren (‘71) of Eastover, retired educator, principal and education consultant;
- James T. McCabe of Clemson, served in the U.S. Navy and worked with the S.C. Department of Transportation, the Savannah River Plant, and retired from ExxonMobil and SEACO Asphalt;
- John N. “Nicky” McCarter Jr. (‘80) of Hopkins, owner and president of Defender Services and Clemson University trustee; and
- Gregory C. Smith (‘84) of Alpharetta, Georgia, president of Blue Vista Ventures LLC.
The prestigious Clemson Alumni Distinguished Service Award is based on three main criteria: personal and professional accomplishments; dedication and service to Clemson University; and devotion to community and public service. Members of the Clemson family nominate potential honorees, who are then selected by the Clemson Alumni Association as outstanding alumni, public servants and examples to others.
“The Clemson Family is made up of many remarkable people including leaders, professionals, innovators and dedicated community servants,” said Clemson University President James P. Clements. “Each year we are honored to recognize of few of our incredibly successful alumni who have remained deeply committed to our great university. I am so proud of them, and they are all very deserving of this recognition.”
The Clemson Alumni Association, an open-membership, nonprofit organization since its inception in 1896, connects members of the more than 156,000-strong Clemson Family, inspiring pride, celebrating achievement, providing service and strengthening relationships with Clemson University and with each other.
For more information, visit Clemson.edu/alumni.
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at email@example.com