University Facilities is reporting current and upcoming road closures. To avoid the most disruption, faculty and staff are advised of the following road closures:
- Started June 6 – Kappa Lambda Street will be closed to all traffic between Theta Kappa Street and Commons Court. The southbound lane will remain closed for two weeks. Full traffic will be allowed to Lightsey Bridge I while only inbound traffic will be allowed for Lightsey Bridge II. Outbound Lightsey Bridge II traffic will exit using Commons Court to Newman Road.
- June 13 through August 2– Phase II work on Old Stadium Road will require drivers to access the Madren Center from Cherry Road due to a portion of the road being closed.
- June through August – Snow Family Outdoor Wellness and Fitness Complex Entrance
The entrance road to the Snow Family Outdoor Wellness and Fitness Complex will undergo construction work.
- Through July 12 – The Perimeter Road water distribution system’s upgrade is set to wrap up by July 12.
- Through August 5 – Williamson Road will be closed between Avenue of Champions and Fort Hill Street until August 5th to allow for the construction of a new scoreboard at Memorial Stadium.
- June 21 through August 18 – A portion of a new Tiger Walk entrance will be constructed near the C-3 (IPTAY Lot 5) entrance off Perimeter Road. The construction of the brick paver plaza will impact the Perimeter Road right-hand lane and adjacent sidewalk from the entrance of R-3 past C-3. Barricades and signage will alert motorists and pedestrians.
- July 5 and beyond – Commons Court will be permanently shifting to one-way traffic from Kappa Lambda Street to Newman Road. Once in place, drivers will no longer be able to turn right onto Commons Ct. from Newman Rd. Parking can be accessed by turning onto Commons Ct. via Kappa Lambda Street.
- July 11 through October 31 – Tile roofing above the auditorium at Holtzendorff Hall will be replaced. The adjacent sidewalk and Mell Hall parking will be affected.
- Between July 18 and July 22 for two weeks – Kappa Street will be closed for approximately two weeks to upgrade undersized drainage lines below the roadway. The improvement will upsize existing storm drainage pipes from 36” diameter pipes to 48” diameter pipes. The project will increase the University’s storm system capacity in the area and will work to better improve drainage systems hydraulics. A lane-closure will be present along Perimeter Road where it intersects with Kappa Street.
- Throughout Summer – A section of Lot C-1/Zeta Theta will be inaccessible due to the Perimeter Road widening project.
Stay abreast of road closings and campus construction with Facilities’ online construction map.