University Facilities and the City of Clemson are reporting current and upcoming road closures. To avoid the most disruption, faculty and staff are advised of the following road closures:
- Started June 6 – Kappa Lambda Street will be closed to all traffic between Theta Kappa Street and Commons Court. The southbound lane will remain closed for two weeks. Full traffic will be allowed to Lightsey Bridge I while only inbound traffic will be allowed for Lightsey Bridge II. Outbound Lightsey Bridge II traffic will exit using Commons Court to Newman Road.
- June 13 through August 2– Phase II work on Old Stadium Road will require drivers to access the Madren Center from Cherry Road due to a portion of the road being closed.
- June through August – Snow Family Outdoor Wellness and Fitness Complex Entrance
The entrance road to the Snow Family Outdoor Wellness and Fitness Complex will undergo construction work.
- June 20 through July 1 – Parking spaces in the area of Olin and Hardin Halls will be closed for work on the curb, gutter and sidewalk.
- June 21 – College Avenue downtown will be closed from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. for On the Ave outdoor dining, live music and family fun.
- Beginning end of June – Kappa Street will be closed for several weeks to replace underground stormwater pipes and repave the street and traffic circle. Employees who need to access the Strom Thurmond Institute building should find alternate parking and access the building from the north side and enter using the stairs or elevator.
- Throughout Summer – A section of Lot C-1/Zeta Theta will be inaccessible due to the Perimeter Road widening project.
Stay abreast of road closings and campus construction with Facilities’ online construction map.