Clemson University’s Army and Air Force ROTC units will hold a joint ceremony to commission thirteen Second Lieutenants at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2022. The ceremony will occur in Memorial Auditorium, Tillman Hall and will be broadcast via Zoom. Four students will receive commissions into the U.S. Air Force and nine students will receive commissions into the U.S. Army.
Following the commissioning ceremony, the newly appointed lieutenants will participate in a Silver Dollar Salute on Clemson University’s Military Heritage Plaza. The ceremony marks the first salute received by the officer from an enlisted member. As a sign of mutual respect, the officer presents the enlisted member with a silver dollar.
The commissioning candidates for the December ceremony are:
United States Air Force
- Holly E. Clark, of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, majoring in civil engineering
- Aaron W. Gonzales, of Moncks Corner, South Carolina, majoring in computer science
- Natalia Hamilton, of Madrid, Spain, majoring in biochemistry
- Vincent F. Szczepanik, of Springfield, Virginia, majoring in civil engineering
United States Army
- Ryan Patrick Carroll of Smithtown, New York, majoring in management
- Kristofer Thomas Casey of Barrington, Illinois, majoring in management
- Camden Patrick Cozzens of Southlake, Texas, majoring in industrial engineering
- Chad Richard Eisele of Spring Grove, Illinois, majoring in mechanical engineering
- Joshua David Evans of Charleston, South Carolina, majoring in industrial engineering
- William Harold Fournier of Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, majoring in mechanical engineering
- Madeline Jean Hall of Easton, Pennsylvania, majoring in civil engineering
- Gavin Antonio Griffin Vazquez of Columbia, South Carolina, majoring in computer information systems
- China Andrea Woodard of Ridgeway, South Carolina majoring in biological sciences
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org