Clemson University Upstate locations including main campus, CU-ICAR, GreenvilleONE, CUBEInC in Patewood, the Center for Human Genetics in Greenwood, and the Innovation Campus and Technology Park in Anderson will be closed Monday, January 17 due to hazardous conditions caused by winter weather.
Teams are currently working to clear roads, but travel through campus and the surrounding area remains dangerous and individuals are asked to remain off roadways at this time. As conditions improve, additional assessments will take place and decisions for future operations will be communicated.
As originally planned in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day COVID-19 Testing remains closed on Monday.
- Students, faculty, and staff with a testing due date on a day that testing is cancelled due to weather, or on holidays will have their access extended until testing reopens.
- Bridge to Clemson students who have not obtained and submitted a pre-arrival result must take an on-campus test Tuesday (or when testing resumes) and will not have access to University facilities other than housing until a result is obtained.
Clemson University has several ways to communicate with you about weather and impacts on classes and operations:
- Campus warning sirens alert you to dangerous weather or lightning.
- CU Safe Alert text messages and Alertus desktop messages
- Clemson Safety on Twitter and Facebook.
- Special OUR Clemson email and OUR Clemson Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- CU Alerts page.
- Clemson University homepage.
- Local television and radio media.
You will be alerted to any additional decisions to close offices and/or cancel classes as soon as possible. Remember:
- The governor can order state offices and campuses to close.
- State offices and campuses must close if county government offices in that location close.
- Clemson University’s administration may cancel classes or close offices.
For updates on the storm and emergency planning information, visit the South Carolina Emergency Management Division webpage.
To find updates on specific University events and openings, follow the Twitter accounts below:
Athletics – @ClemsonTigers
Campus Recreation – @CU_Rec
Dining Services – @ClemsonDining
Facilities – @Facilities_CU
Library – @ClemsonLibrary
Parking and Transportation Services – @Clemson_Parking
Public Safety – @ClemsonSafety
Student Health Services – @HealthyCampus