The President’s Leadership Institute graduated its 2022 cohort in a ceremony at the President’s Suite at Memorial Stadium on May 3, 2023.
The Institute, completing its seventh year, is a nine-month leadership development program designed to support and develop professional and personal leadership within a diverse and inclusive community of faculty and staff at Clemson University. Each cohort consists of 25 faculty and staff nominated by University leadership.
President Jim Clements addressed graduates and colleagues at the ceremony.
“You all have shown a great commitment to learning and developing as leaders and I know that the University is a better place because of each of you and the work that you do every day,” he said.
Mark Richardson, a member of the Board of Trustees and managing partner of MAR Real Estate and RAM Investments, delivered the keynote address. Trustee Richardson ’83 and his wife Kathryn recently announced a $10 million Cornerstone Gift to support general scholarships, the Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business, projects and programs within the College of Education that strengthen teacher retention, and several crucial programs across Clemson that increase access to education and enhance students’ Clemson Experience: Emerging Scholars, Call Me MiSTER® and ClemsonLIFE. The couple is also providing significant support to general scholarships and has created a challenge for the Clemson Family to expand their impact.
President Clements left graduates with a tribute to Kevin James, Founding Director of the School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences and member of the 2022 cohort, who passed away in March.
“I want to challenge you to honor Dr. Kevin James’ work and his life by always treating people with kindness and respect.”
Congratulations to following graduate members of the seventh cohort of the President’s Leadership Institute:
- Fadi Abdeljawad, Dean’s Assistant Professor, CECAS/Department of Engineering and Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Morgan Allen, Director of Academic Services for Enterprise Applications, CCIT
- Bill Baldwin, Professor and Graduate Program Coordinator, College of Science/Department of Biological Sciences
- Kyle Barrett, Associate Professor of Wildlife Conservation, CAFLS/Department of Forestry and Environmental Conservation
- Savannah Bock, Business Officer, College of Education
- Lisa Claxton, Senior Associate General Counsel, Office of the General Counsel
- Kelly Collins, Chief of Staff and Operations, CECAS
- Shelia Cotten, Provost’s Distinguished Professor and Associate Vice President for Research Development, Office of Research Development
- Khristy Glover, Accountant/Fiscal Analyst III, PSA/Regulatory Services
- Sara Hanks, Director of the Emerging Scholars program, Division of Inclusion and Equity/Office of Preparation and Outreach
- Katie Hildebrand, Director of the Erwin Center for Brand Communications, Wilbur O. and Anne Powers College of Business
- The late Kevin James, Professor and Director, School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, College of Science
- Ale Kennedy, Chief Human Resources Officer
- David Kuskowski, Vice President for Enrollment Management, Offices in Enrollment Management
- Jason Lucas, Associate Professor, CAAH/Nieri Family Department of Construction Science and Management
- Dana Morgan, Associate Executive Director of Marketing and Special Initiatives, Clemson Alumni Association
- Corliss Outley, Professor and Director of the Race, Ethnicity, Youth & Social Equity (REYSE) Collaboratory, PRTM
- Noelle Paufler, Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator for the Doctor of Education (EdD) in Education Systems Improvement Science, College of Education
- Lesslie Pekarek, Medical Director for Student Health Services, Division of Student Affairs
- Harrison Pinckney IV, Assistant Professor and Associate Director of the Race, Ethnicity, Youth and Social Equity (REYSE) Collaboratory, PRTM
- Amanda Richardson, Associate Athletic Director of Compliance, Athletic Compliance Office
- Philip Sikes, Executive Director of Student Communication, Division of Marketing and Communications
- Chad Sosolik, Professor and Undergraduate Program Coordinator, College of Science/Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Deveraux Williams, Client Success Manager, Division of Marketing and Communications
- Cairen Withington, Director of Program Review and Effectiveness, Graduate School