Eligible employees have until Tuesday, October 31, to make select changes to their insurance coverage for the following year. Changes made during open enrollment take effect January 1, 2024. If changes are not made by the deadline, employees cannot make changes until the next open enrollment period unless they have a qualifying life event during the year.
Employees satisfied with their current elections, as reflected in PEBA MyBenefits, do not need to take any steps to continue their coverage in 2024 unless they wish to re-enroll in Money Plus flexible spending accounts. MoneyPlus participants must re-enroll each year to continue coverage.
Enroll or Make Changes
Visit the Office of Human Resources Open Enrollment 2023 webpage to find information and resources about insurance coverage options.
Access the PEBA’s MyBenefits portal or the Open Enrollment 2023 webpage to review existing state insurance coverage and make changes.
Benefits-eligible employees can also access a comprehensive open enrollment overview through Tiger Training, which includes tools, tips and resources.
Highlights for this year
- This year is a “dental year.” Changes to existing dental coverage can only be made during open enrollment in odd-numbered years. After October 31, your next opportunity to make a change to dental coverage will be October 2025 or within 31 days of a special eligibility situation. Use the Comparing Dental Plus and Basic Dental flyer for more information on available plans.
- Health insurance premiums will not increase in 2024.
- Active employee Dental and Vision premiums increase for 2024. Dental Plus and State Vision Plan monthly premiums will increase slightly.
- MoneyPlus flexible spending account holders must re-enroll to continue. Medical Spending Account (MSA), Limited Use Medical Spending Account (LUMSA) and Dependent Care Spending Account (DCSA) participants must re-enroll for the following year. Health Savings Account (HSA) elections will continue into the next year if an employee takes no action.
- There is a new State Flexible Benefits Plan (MoneyPlus) Administrator. Total Administrative Services Corporation (TASC) will be the new State Flexible Benefits Plan (MoneyPlus) administrator. Administrative fees will reduce to $2.14 per account per month. Learn more at www.SCMoneyPlus.com.
- Life Insurance Increase Requests: Employees who wish to enroll in or increase employee optional-life insurance coverage or dependent life-spouse coverage must submit their request through the Life Insurance Portal on the Open Enrollment 2023 webpage. Employees wishing to enroll in or increase coverage must submit medical evidence. Employees who wish to drop or decrease optional life or dependent life-spouse coverage can do so through MyBenefits during open enrollment. More information on the process to enroll in or make changes to life insurance coverage can be found on the Open Enrollment 2023 webpage.
- PEBA offers assistance to its members via phone, email or video consultation. Schedule an appointment today!
- Aflac offers live webinars with information about supplemental insurance. You can also schedule an appointment to talk with a representative.
- Allstate representatives are available to answer your questions. Call 1-800-789-2720 or visit Allstate’s website to find more information.
- Clemson Office of Human Resources representatives are available should you have general questions about open enrollment. Schedule a meeting with an Open Enrollment Navigator today!