University Facilities is reporting current and upcoming road closures. To avoid the most disruption, faculty and staff are advised of the following road closures:
- Rho Tau Service Drive will be closed Thursday, Aug. 11, from 8 a.m. to noon to place a crane to lift exhaust fans at the Hendrix Student Center. Traffic around Hendrix, Schilletter, Lever, Manning and Byrnes halls may be affected.
- Aug. 1 through Aug. 12: College Avenue near the College of Business
The right northbound lane and sidewalk will be closed between the College of Business and College Avenue for asphalt and sidewalk repairs. Sherman Street and the left northbound lane of College Avenue will remain open.
- June 13 through Aug. 12– Phase II work on Old Stadium Road is anticipated to be completed Aug. 12. Until then, drivers should access the Madren Center from Cherry Road due to a portion of the road being closed.
- The curb construction on Perimeter between Cherry Road and Kappa Street is complete and sidewalk construction is ongoing. The northbound right lane on Perimeter is scheduled to reopen Aug. 17.
- The section of the Perimeter Road widening project from U.S. 76 to the South Carolina Botanical Garden entrance is expected to be completed by Aug. 16. Two-way traffic will be maintained on Perimeter although there will be occasional lane closings along the route. CUPD will be on site for traffic control.
- Aug. 1 through 11 – Asphalt replacement on Tau Court (in photo above) will make the court inaccessible. The pedestrian walkway between the rear of Riggs Hall and the western side of Rhodes Engineering Center will remain accessible.
- Through Aug. 16 – Williamson Road will be closed between Avenue of Champions and Fort Hill Street until Aug. 16 to allow for the construction of a new scoreboard at Memorial Stadium.
- June 21 through Aug. 18 – A portion of a new Tiger Walk entrance will be constructed near the C-3 (IPTAY Lot 5) entrance off Perimeter Road. The construction of the brick paver plaza will impact the Perimeter Road right-hand lane and adjacent sidewalk from the entrance of R-3 past C-3. Barricades and signage will alert motorists and pedestrians.
- July 5 and beyond – Commons Court will be permanently shifting to one-way traffic from Kappa Lambda Street to Newman Road. Once in place, drivers will no longer be able to turn right onto Commons Court from Newman Road. Parking can be accessed by turning onto Commons Court via Kappa Lambda Street.
- July 11 through Oct. 31 – Tile roofing above the auditorium at Holtzendorff Hall will be replaced. The adjacent sidewalk and Mell Hall parking will be affected.
- July 18 through Aug. 11 – Asphalt replacement work on Calhoun Drive, from its intersection with Fort Hill Street to its intersection with Fernow Street, will close the road. Parking as well as bus and personal vehicle traffic will be impacted along this route. However, there may be opportunities for critical deliveries/pick-ups.
- Throughout summer – A section of Lot C-1/Zeta Theta will be inaccessible due to the Perimeter Road widening project. Reopening Aug. 15.
Stay abreast of road closings and campus construction with Facilities’ online construction map.