University Facilities is reporting current and upcoming road closures. To avoid the most disruption, faculty and staff are advised of the following road closures:
- Started June 6 – Kappa Lambda Street will be closed to all traffic between Theta Kappa Street and Commons Court. The southbound lane will remain closed for two weeks. Full traffic will be allowed to Lightsey Bridge I while only inbound traffic will be allowed for Lightsey Bridge II. Outbound Lightsey Bridge II traffic will exit using Commons Court to Newman Road.
- June 13 through August 2– Phase II work on Old Stadium Road will require drivers to access the Madren Center from Cherry Road due to a portion of the road being closed.
- June through August – Snow Family Outdoor Wellness and Fitness Complex Entrance
The entrance road to the Snow Family Outdoor Wellness and Fitness Complex will undergo construction work.
- June 20 through July 1 – Parking spaces around Olin and Hardin Halls will be closed for work on the curb, gutter and sidewalk.
- June 21 through August 18 – A portion of a new Tiger Walk entrance will be constructed near the C-3 (IPTAY Lot 5) entrance off Perimeter Road. The construction of the brick paver plaza will impact the Perimeter Road right-hand lane and adjacent sidewalk from the entrance of R-3 past C-3. Barricades and signage will alert motorists and pedestrians.
- June 27 – 29 –The Williamson Road entrance of parking lot C-2 will be closed due to road work being done on the Williamson Road entrance of the parking lot. Drivers should use the Perimeter Road entrance to C-2 lot which will remain open.
- Starting July 5 – Commons Court will be permanently shifting to one-way traffic from Kappa Lambda Street to Newman Road. Once in place, drivers will no longer be able to turn right onto Commons Ct. from Newman Rd. Parking can be accessed by turning onto Commons Ct. via Kappa Lambda Street.
- Throughout Summer – A section of Lot C-1/Zeta Theta will be inaccessible due to the Perimeter Road widening project.
Stay abreast of road closings and campus construction with Facilities’ online construction map.