University Facilities and Clemson are reporting current and upcoming road closures. To avoid the most disruption, faculty and staff are advised of the following road closures:
- Avenue of Champions is closed until Thursday while crews work on lighting renovations above Gate 9 at Memorial Stadium.
- Kappa Street will be closed for several weeks to replace underground stormwater pipes and repave the street and traffic circle. Employees who need to access the Strom Thurmond Institute building should find alternate parking and access the building from the north side and enter using the stairs or elevator. The construction is expected to begin by the end of June.
- Lambda Street near Lee III and the C-5 parking lot will be closed this summer to relocate the underground duct bank in preparation for the Williamston Road realignment.
- Old Stadium Road will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians from Perimeter Road to Epsilon Street for approximately one week beginning May 30. Epsilon, Gamma Street and Grounds Service Drive will all remain accessible from Cherry Road. The closure is required to begin installation of a new bike and walking path and lighting along Old Stadium Road.
- The right westbound lane and sidewalk of Perimeter Road, between Cherry Road and Kappa Street (including Brooks Center Drive parking lot), will be closed starting May 23 and ending June 6. The Brooks Center parking lot will still be accessible via Jersey Lane. The closure is necessary for the installation of new storm drainage.
The City of Clemson updated OUR Clemson with the following:
- College Avenue downtown will be closed for three more evenings of On the Ave outdoor dining, live music and family fun. The event dates are May 24, June 7 and 21, and the road closure starts at 5 p.m. and ends at 9 p.m.
Stay abreast of road closings and campus construction with Facilities’ online construction map.