University Facilities and the City of Clemson announce the following road and traffic updates:
- Williamson Road has reopened at Memorial Stadium, however, one lane will be closed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 17 and 18, to allow contractors to complete work on the new video board. Both lanes will be closed again when The Tiger is lifted by crane to the top of the video board. That closing will be announced in the near future.
- August 22: College Avenue downtown will be closed from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday for the Welcome Back Festival. Cars parked on College Avenue need to be moved by 4:30 p.m.
- August 17 through August 26: The Snow Family Outdoor Fitness and Wellness Complex, Andy Quattlebaum Outdoor Recreation Center and the associated fields and beaches will be closed through Friday, Aug. 26, for construction at the entrance. More details >
- August 19 through December 30: The lower half of the Civil Service Drive parking area on the side of Lowry Hall will be closed for contractor staging during the to the Lowry Hall room 15 renovation.
- Clemson University police announced that the speed limit on Perimeter Road is now 25 mph through the construction zone from U.S. 76 to Kappa Street across Cherry Road. CUPD asks drivers to stay alert for construction equipment and workers in the area and to drive safely.