Every item purchased from a campus vending machine has the potential to benefit your department.
Each year, a portion of Clemson’s vending machine revenues is allocated to fund activities not normally supported by departmental operating budgets. Clemson’s Vending Committee accepts requests for Vending Committee funds, and the application is due June 30.
Any department or recognized University organization may request funds for specific activities – no blanket allocations are made, and funds are not intended to supplement inadequate operating budgets. Vending funds cannot be used for alcoholic beverages. According to the Budget Office Policies and Procedures Manual, “priority will be given to local activities that enhance the intellectual and cultural life of the community.”
Vending Request Web Application:
- Requests can be submitted between up until 4:30 p.m. on June 30, 2021. Click here to make your funding request.
- Requests should include itemized funding dollar amounts requested along with a summary explanation of the intended use of funds.
- Requests from academic departments will be communicated back to each Budget Center Business Office for final approval.
- Requests from student organizations should be channeled through Student Government and then will be communicated back to the Student Affairs Business Office for final approval.
Funds allocated in a fiscal year must be spent during that fiscal year. Any unspent funds by fiscal year end will be returned to the Vending Committee account.
Budget Center Business Officers will receive an email informing them of whether the requested funds were approved or denied.
Special Notes Regarding FY20 Vending Funds:
- FY20 vending allocations what were rolled over into FY21 (one time due to COVID-19) will be withdrawn if not used by the end of next week.
- Unused FY21 vending allocations will be automatically rolled into FY22 (one time due to COVID-19).
- Starting in FY22, the rolling over of vending funds will be discontinued due to the return of normal operations.