The Clemson University Women Trailblazers Panel will be held as part of the University’s Title IX 50th Anniversary Celebration Soup and Substance Series from 4 – 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, in the Watt Family Innovation Center auditorium.
Trailblazer panelists include the following:
- Dorothy Ashford and Delores Kimes Barton, members of the first cohort of African American women to graduate from Clemson
- Rita Bolt Barker, the first woman undergraduate student body president
- Susan Hill-Whitson, the first woman to receive a full athletic scholarship to Clemson
- Trustee Patti McAbee, the first woman member of Clemson University’s Board of Trustees
- Amy Smith, the first woman Clemson gymnastics coach
A reception will be held in the Watt Center atrium after the panel, and the event is open to students, faculty, staff and community members.
This event is sponsored by the Clemson University’s Title IX 50th Anniversary Celebration Committee, the Commission on Women, the Division of Inclusion and Equity, and the Watt Family Innovation Center.