Steps to Take if You Test Positive/What to Expect
Personal phone calls to individuals who test positive will be replaced with the single method of email notification to your University email account.
- Soon after your positive test result enters the system, your COVID-19 Clearance Status will change to Not-Cleared, and therefore you will not have access to University facilities while in isolation.
- As soon as you are notified, immediately take the following three steps – isolate yourself, notify any close contacts that they have been exposed, and inform your supervisor. You can notify people in whatever way you are most comfortable.
- You will receive an email from the University with detailed instructions for isolation, who is considered a close contact, and information about completing isolation.
Steps to Take If Identified as a Close Contact/What to Expect
If you are notified by a close contact you were exposed to COVID-19, take the following steps:
- Ensure documentation for all COVID-19 vaccines you have received, including boosters, have been voluntarily uploaded to the COVID-19 Vaccine Upload Tool, should you want them to be considered in your quarantine determination.
- For more information, review ‘How Your Quarantine Eligibility is Determined’ on the If You’re Exposed to COVID-19 site.
- Self-identify your exposure using the University’s Self-Assessment Tool, and follow the next steps provided by the assessment.
- If required to quarantine, your COVID-19 Clearance Status will change to Not-Cleared, and therefore you will not have access to University facilities while in quarantine. You will receive an email from the University with detailed instructions.
Restoring Your Access to University Facilities after Isolation or Quarantine
In the event you must go into isolation or quarantine, continue to monitor your University email address for the online Exit Survey required to be completed to exit isolation or quarantine.
Individuals who are not able to access their University email should contact Sullivan Center at 864-656-3571 to complete the exit survey verbally.
Completing this survey in a timely manner is critical to completing your isolation or quarantine on schedule and having your campus access reinstated. If you meet medical criteria to end your isolation or quarantine, you will receive an email at the time your COVID-19 Clearance Status has been updated to “Cleared.” Please note, Positive test date (day 0) + 5 full days of isolation/quarantine = earliest possible return to campus on day 6.
Before returning to campus facilities, verify that your COVID-19 Clearance Status is “Cleared.”
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at email@example.com