As 2021 comes to a close, the Office of Human Resources is offering tips for getting the most out of your employee benefits before the year ends.
- Donate unused annual leave and sick leave.
Employees may carry over a maximum of 45 days annual leave and 180 days sick leave from one calendar year to the next. If you have excess annual leave and/or sick leave accruals that you anticipate forfeiting, take a minute to donate them to the Leave Transfer Program by December 31. Donations may be made to the general leave pool or to an individual faculty or staff member eligible to participate.
- Use State Vision Plan allowances.
Employees enrolled in the State Vision Plan have access to a $150 annual allowance for glasses frames or a $130 allowance for contact lenses (in lieu of frames) each calendar year. Contact EyeMed (877-735-9314), to learn more or to find an in-network eye doctor. The state vision plan utilizes the “Select” network.
- Use your optional holiday.
The optional holiday does not carry over from year to year. Just remember to request the optional holiday in Kronos and obtain approval from your supervisor before taking the time off.
- Sign up for an electronic W-2.
To make tax preparation easier, active employees may elect to receive their W-2 forms electronically instead of by mail. Sign up or change your preference through Employee Self Service (Tax Documents/W-2/W-2 C Consent).
5. Sign up for an electronic 1095-C.
To make tax preparation easier and avoid the waste and cost of receiving paper documents, active employees may elect to receive their 1095-C forms electronically. Sign up or change your preference for both through Employee Self Service (Tax Documents/ Form 1095-C Consent).
6. Review options for your Dependent Care Spending Account (DCSA) funds.
If you have remaining funds in your Dependent Care Spending Account(DCSA), you have two options.
Option 1: Submit Claim Form for eligible expenses.
Option 2: Carry over all unused funds into 2022. No action is needed; funds will automatically carry over and be available for expenses incurred by December 31, 2022.
For additional information on your DCSA or MSA Funds:
- Log in to your account at www.asiflex.com/SCMoneyPlus to check your balance.
- For questions about submitting claims, deadline or the MSA carryover, call ASIFlex at 833.SCM.PLUS (833.726.7587).
- Access PEBA’s MoneyPlus webpage for more information.
- To learn more about the changes allowed by the COVID-19 Relief bill, view the COVID-19 summary for FSAs in 2021 document.
7. Review options for your Medical Spending Account (MSA) funds.
If you have remaining funds in your MSA, you can submit a claim form for eligible expenses incurred in 2021. The deadline to submit your claim for your 2021 expenses is December 31, 2022.
8. Revisit the 2022 Holiday Calendar
The 2022 Holiday Calendar is a helpful resource when planning for the year ahead.
Just Ask-HR or call 864-656-2000.