Faculty and staff who travel on university business will have a more convenient, efficient and paperless way to record their information and receive payment, with the introduction of the SAP Concur travel and expense program in fall 2022.
This new travel program will address and replace the current fragmented and disjointed travel program in place at Clemson that utilizes pieces and different versions of travel request authorizations, travel booking (Christopherson Business Travel or other), and travel reimbursement processes with a single, easy-to-use, standard process.
Here is a glimpse of SAP Concur’s attributes and why it was selected by Clemson:
- Convenience: SAP Concur offers a single, unified process — from booking to receiving reimbursement for travel. Faculty and staff will be able to maintain flexibility when arranging travel, while Concur standardizes and automates much of the travel reimbursement/expense process.
- Compliance: The NSF and other research authorities require a robust tool for documenting research travel. SAP Concur establishes visibility to the complex rules for grant travel and specific grants with unique requirements ensuring compliance.
- Safety: During those rare situations a traveling faculty or staff member needs the support of the University, SAP Concur provides visibility to the locations faculty and staff are traveling.
- Mobility: Users can take pictures of receipts, create and submit expense reports, review and approve reports from a mobile device.
- Credit Card Integration: Bank of America corporate credit card charges are imported directly into SAP Concur. Foreign transactions are converted to USD as part of the interface.
- Online Processing: Users can prepare, submit and approve reports entirely online eliminating the current paper-based workflow.
A team in the Division of Finance and Operations is in the first stages of testing and will start with a pilot group of representatives from across campus next month.
Training on the Concur system will take place in several stages with an open forum, divisional and group sessions, and open hours to practice and process claims.
- Learn more about Clemson’s new Travel and Expense Program coming fall 2022 in this short video.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have questions.
Coming Soon! Additional Resources
- Training sessions will be announced well in advance with several dates and times offered.
- A Travel Services site on Clemson’s travel website will offer reference materials, upcoming training, the full campus go–live updates, how-to videos on requesting travel expense reimbursements and how-to user guides.