CLEMSON — Clemson University will hold its third annual campuswide day of service on Saturday, Oct. 6. The event is a joint partnership between Student Involvement and Leadership, Fraternity and Sorority Life and University Housing and Dining.
“The Big Event is our way of offering a big ‘Thank you’ to the Clemson community,” said Kate Radford, associate director for Student Involvement and Leadership. “It provides an opportunity for students, faculty and staff to come together to serve the greater Clemson area, and we could not be more proud to partner with Clemson Home [Housing and Dining] and Fraternity and Sorority Life to make this a meaningful experience for everyone involved.”
For the first time, those interested in volunteering can visit TigerQuest to select from the list of available sites. Twelve community partners have committed to host Clemson students, faculty and staff for the day of service:
- AIM (Accept. Inspire. Minister.), 12–4:30 p.m.
- Anderson Free Clinic, 8 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Brutontown Community Center, 7:30 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Camp Spearhead, 7:45 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Greenville County Parks and Recreation, 7:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
- Our Daily Rest Homeless Shelter, 8:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- Rebuild Upstate, 7:30 a.m.–1 p.m.; 11:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Safe Harbor, 8 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
- Sharing, Inc., 12–4:30 p.m.
- Sterling Community Center, 7:30 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Tamassee DAR School, 7:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
- United Christian Ministries, 7:05–11:25 a.m.
The typical volunteer time commitment is four hours, which includes transportation to and from the sites (provided through Tiger Transit and multi-passenger vans) and general acquaintance with the work required. Volunteers are urged to bring a water bottle and sunscreen if working outside, as well as close-toed shoes and clothing appropriate for service. Volunteers are asked to check in with his or her Clemson ID on the North Green in the Carillon Garden before heading out to serve.
Free pizza lunch will be available. Volunteers will also receive a ticket voucher for a food item of their choice from one of the food trucks set up on campus following the event. Registration for The Big Event closes on Wednesday, Oct. 3.
Get in touch and we will connect you with the author or another expert.
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org