University Facilities and the City of Clemson is reporting current and upcoming road closures. To avoid the most disruption, faculty and staff are advised of the following road closures:
Today July 27, the north and south bound travel lanes of College Ave. (between Earle St. and Keith St.) will be closed from 11 a.m. to around 7 p.m. for repaving. Traffic control and signage will be implemented.
Aug. 1 through Aug. 12: College Avenue near the College of Business
The right northbound lane and sidewalk will be closed between the College of Business and College Avenue for asphalt and sidewalk repairs. Sherman Street and the left northbound lane of College Avenue will remain open.
- June 13 through August 2– Phase II work on Old Stadium Road will require drivers to access the Madren Center from Cherry Road due to a portion of the road being closed.
- July 25 through July 27 – Due to portions of the Perimeter Rd. widening project, expect traffic shifts. CUPD will be on site for traffic control.
- June through August – Snow Family Outdoor Wellness and Fitness Complex Entrance
The entrance road to the Snow Family Outdoor Wellness and Fitness Complex will undergo construction work.
- August 1 through August 11 – Asphalt replacement on Tau Court (in photo above) will make the court inaccessible. The pedestrian walkway between the rear of Riggs Hall and the western side of Rhodes Engineering Center will remain accessible.
- Through August 5 – Williamson Road will be closed between Avenue of Champions and Fort Hill Street until August 5th to allow for the construction of a new scoreboard at Memorial Stadium.
- June 21 through August 18 – A portion of a new Tiger Walk entrance will be constructed near the C-3 (IPTAY Lot 5) entrance off Perimeter Road. The construction of the brick paver plaza will impact the Perimeter Road right-hand lane and adjacent sidewalk from the entrance of R-3 past C-3. Barricades and signage will alert motorists and pedestrians.
- July 5 and beyond – Commons Court will be permanently shifting to one-way traffic from Kappa Lambda Street to Newman Road. Once in place, drivers will no longer be able to turn right onto Commons Ct. from Newman Rd. Parking can be accessed by turning onto Commons Ct. via Kappa Lambda Street.
- July 11 through October 31 – Tile roofing above the auditorium at Holtzendorff Hall will be replaced. The adjacent sidewalk and Mell Hall parking will be affected.
- July 18 through August 11 – Asphalt replacement work on Calhoun Drive, from its intersection with Fort Hill Street to its intersection with Fernow Street, will close the road. Parking as well as bus and personal vehicle traffic will be impacted along this route. However, there may be opportunities for critical deliveries/pick-ups.
- Throughout Summer – A section of Lot C-1/Zeta Theta will be inaccessible due to the Perimeter Road widening project.
Stay abreast of road closings and campus construction with Facilities’ online construction map.